Watching Liverpool thrash City and Spurs do the same to West Ham at the weekend, and witnessing 2 young managers playing football that’s easy on the eye, I couldn’t help thinking about who should be next at Old Trafford.
It’s impossible to know what’s happening behind the scenes at United, but I’m not convinced that Giggs would be the right successor to LVG.
Right now there are a number of young managers who look like they could handle the pressure of managing Man Urd, and, crucially, deliver a style of football that excites the fans.
The list of potential candidates for me would be:
– Klopp (unlikely to make the move from Liverpool)
– Pochettino (extremely impressed with his work at Spurs)
– Koeman (he’s done a great job at the Saints)
– Pep (obvious choice if available and willing to live in Manchester)
– Simeone (he’s done extremely well at Atletico but many question his style of football)
– De Boer (making good progress at Ajax)
One of my friends is hoping that LVG extends his contract at United, and whilst of course he’s definitely a decent manager, I personally would only wish him to stay put if none of these 6 were available or interested in the position.
What are your thoughts?
From what I have seen so far, considering he will still only be 45 years old, the style of football he’s playing, and the trust in youth, my pick right now would be Pochettino .