Are you looking to break into sports journalism? Do you have your own blog and need to expand your audience? Are you just a passionate United fan with strong views and a way with words? We are looking for new writers to join our global team and be part of something special.
Why Manchester La La La?
Manchester La La La was founded in December 2013. We have 18k+ Facebook fans and our most popular posts get 15k+ visits.
We have established a reputation for quality, editorially-led Man Utd content. We have a long-term growth plan and aim to be one of the world’s most-visited Man Utd blogs within 3 years.
We provide a platform for you to reach a large and growing audience, and develop a portfolio of content that you can show future employers or just look back on with pride.
We’re not the biggest Man Utd blog on the planet (yet!) but we think we’re one of the best. Here are 3 reasons you should start writing for Manchester La La La…
1. Our editor has an MA in Journalism and 10 years’ experience writing for print and the web – your work will be professionally sub-edited to the highest standards, not just uploaded and published without a second thought.
2. We have unrivalled understanding of how search engines work. Writing for Manchester La La La is a fantastic opportunity for you to learn everything you need to know about SEO as a budding sports journalist, from formatting titles and meta descriptions to structuring your articles and choosing the best keywords to target.
3. We have regular prizes for our most popular writers, from signed United shirts to DVD boxsets and more. Writing for Manchester La La La is voluntary, but we reward those who make a serious contribution to the growth of the site.
What Kind of Content Do We Want?
We pride ourselves on original content, rather than just regurgitated news. We like strong opinions and new angles. Whatever you want to write about, we’re always open to ideas, but in particular, we’re looking for more of the following:
- Match previews
- Under-18s and Under-21s reports and analysis
- In-depth tactical analysis
- Transfer news
- Player ratings
- Loan watch
- Reviews of Man Utd books / DVDs / apps etc.
- Interviews (with former players, rival club bloggers etc.)
How Else Can You Get Involved?
We’re also actively looking for support with:
- Web design and development (evolving our site design and improving site performance)
- Graphic design (creating new assets and templates to develop our brand identity)
- Video and audio production (YouTube content, Podcasts etc.)
- Social media (help running our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+ accounts)
Get in Touch
Think you have what it takes to help take Manchester La La La to the next level? Drop us an email at info [at] manchesterlalala [dot] com to introduce yourself, or fill in the contact form below: